Local Eats - Sauced Pasta Bar @ Thursday, July 06, 2017

Sunday 14th May



Sauced is the local pasta bar in town (other than family friendly Sofias across the street), though we never got there till after we moved to the next town. A groupon was the perfect incentive though. 


Seated at the bar right in front of the heating it's lovely!

Through Scoopon we bought a $10 pasta and drink deal, and there's more drink options then just water and coke. You could get a juice! 

There are some catches to the scoopon, limited hours that made it very hard to dine here for me personally. Though if you fancy a M-W dinner or weekend lunch that'll work.



At 6pm the deliveroo orders were buzzing and it was just the start of dinner service, we're here because I didn't make it to the studio, as I left the dance shoes at the house on the other side.





Take-away!



Bolognese - 100% Australian beef, Italian style with a Sauced twist

We ordered the classic, it was way too salty for me, much like Mother Dough, so I'll remember to ask for less salt next time. Bio guy agreed that it was crazy salty and not just me. I had a couple fork spoons and the rest went into the bin. 

Wednesday 14th June




Creamy Pesto - Basil Pesto with a Dash of Cream

Scattered with crushed pinenuts this was perfect! Simple and good. Not salty, but just right. Basic and better with chicken but that's an extra cost. Not a fan of those build your own dishes that ends up being much more than you expected. I don't think I could tell the difference between freshly made and packaged pasta anyway. This dish was quite good actually and not crazy salty, that we actually finished it, in two sittings as the serve was large. 

For a pasta bar they ought to have more than four types of pasta though?

A grab and go order, the title of this chapter of my life ought to be 'Really Pushing it' in regards to my time management. A quick dash before heading down to the dance studio. 

Sauced Pasta Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts