Tuesday 4th April



It took three visits for us to find the pepper in pepper lunch XD our first visit to the Glenferrie branch just up the road from the house. Lured by the student deals we ordered the $7 beef dish. We've had the higher end ones and loved them, and so were interested in ordering what the average person might, to get a full review.

Check out our last visit to Pepper Lunch here.



The Glenferrie restaurant is located on the main street around the corner from the station and Swinburne, hence a student town with quite a few student deals we'll cover before the next big move.




Student deals available 11am - 5pm, perfect for a late lunch!



With the typical terrace style that's popular for houses in the area, it's small but front but goes far back. Everything looks deceptively small from the outside. 


Self serve filtered water, hot and chilled. 
Served in polystyrene cups. We prefer plastic but it's ok.




Upstairs



That's a very small fireplace. There's plenty of seats as the restaurant is a long house in style. My favorite spot? For lunch by the reclusive fireplace and by the window with no view. Great for lighting!




Loving these sauce toppers, so practical. 




How to cook your food, part of the fun.


Student Deal Beef $7

Rice with corn, beef and an egg. As basic as it gets. The beef was chewier than I'm used to (though my love does call me a princess) though fine. Jas says it's similar to in japan as it's not always super tender, as I'm used to.

There wasn't soy sauce but there's garlic and a sweet sauce along with salt and pepper.
On its own the dish was bland with just pepper for seasoning, we need butter miso.
Though there's potential. Crispy rice was a delight to discover the first time!


This is as basic as it gets, it's also my go to dish in my first year at the boarding house  (meals were provided, but there's a play kitchen too. And a division where you'd roaster the kitchen with students). Would I get this dish again? No as I've had it so many times I'm ready to level up! And have through my food journey. But this dish takes us back to basics. 

Service was minimal and prompt, no card minimum and instructions in how to cook your dish is on the table. I was given a spoon, rather than knife and fork till I requested one.

We'll be back for? Dessert! Absolutely I love their soft serves.




Have you had lunch at Pepper lunch? What's your favourite cheap eat in town?

Pepper Lunch Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts