Westside - Candied Bakery (Spotswood) @ Saturday, January 25, 2020

Thursday 23rd January 2020



Candied Bakery has been on our list for years though a solid 2hrs away. While out west we had a chance to drop by for lunch. Busy during the lunch rush, fast though. With mainly communal tables, very singles friendly.










All the delights! There's something for everyone. Savories are a small range in the display case, but the hot food/lunch menu is on the wall. 



We started with the Biscoff soft serve ($4.50), one each. It was so perfect!! 
I love it, if you only order one thing get this. This is a January special. 


Philly Cheese Steak $12 - Soft bread, could have been grilled the inside. Melt in your mouth beef. So good, though would have loved pickles on the side. We regret not getting a side salad.


Pistachio croissant $5.5 - The last one, it was meant to be! Alas it was ok, so disappointed. There was something strange about the flavour, I can't put my finger on it. Wouldn't recommend, it was a potential artificial flavour that reminded me of Turkish rosewater pistachio cotton candy vibes. It was strong.


Vanilla Slice Donut $5 (the white round thing) - It was quite creative with the crisp round on top though needs more than a dab of custard... His pick. I'd get it if there was a lot more custard.

Cakes were 8.50 a slice, yeah that seems kinda standard at popular places (like Beatrix) though it's not a price I'm willing to pay... unless it's huge. A big lamington block was the same price.

Think my expectations were too high? I don't know about pistachio but I love my fancy filled croissants from Luxbite and lunch ones from Cru+. Or maybe I just ordered the wrong thing? Other than the amazing soft serve and Philly cheesesteak.


Sure we'll stop by when passing by, as it's on the strip by the station and with the door always open, it's very popular. Though not a place you'd go to specifically. However that biscoff soft serve, wow that was good! That I recommend.

Damage $27, a shared lunch for two, minus one salad.

Candied Bakery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts