Wednesday 16th March



The biannual VIP (those who signed up for the newsletter) shopping sale days started earlier this year than the last, starting with Chadstone, Eastland then Highpoint. The sales 10%-40% off attract potential customers but not enough and so there are activities offered to increase attraction. This is what actually got us to go shopping. With the exception of Chadstone as I was there to buy shoes. Eastland had workshops and Highpoint has a dessert bar, free haircuts for men and a chef demo among other things.


Wednesday. How to fix a bad day: nail, cheese, alcohol! There was nail bar! *Jas sighs* But it was a 30min wait including the time that it took to get my nails done, compared to my record of 3hrs where we never made it to the front. 



I love how the mirror top table reflects the ceiling. 



The only explanation for this picture is that we had a drink before taking it, and failed to take multiples. William Somma had a cheese table! Can I get a platter for one? I love cheese! This one's from Milk the Cow. Though with cheese being more expensive than wine, I don't really fork out $40 for a small platter. I just buy blocks of brie instead. I love cheese! The peppermint wafers too, though they were sold out.



All we need is Pimms for a party!



Outside Tiffany's there was a bar, Stylo: File cocktails curated by leading drinks expert Fred Siggins. There's a quiz online to find your type, out of the five, and a matching cocktail! There was also a photo wall for you and your friends, sorta like 'Which character are you most like' from Sex & the City. I couldn't find the quiz...

The bartender's recommendation based on my likes was...



The Sculpture
Pampero anejo rum, creme de mure, lime, bitters, 
gingerbeer served in a tall glass with pink grapefruit and mint!


Hello beautiful... yes you shall be mine for $45! I collect bunnies.

Saturday 19th March


We've never been to Eastland before, so this was an exciting first. Prompted by a series of seminars and the adventure of going somewhere we've never been, we were in! Through a ballot we won tickets to two out of three seminars, all of which included showbags. Which I have a thing for, I still remember the first showbag I saw. By the time father was persuaded to purchase it they were sold out and I was psychologically scared, creating a lifelong obsession with showbags, even though I don't use most of the contents, nor do I have any females in my life to pass it onto. 



Hosted by Tash Sefton from Theyallhateus, was a short seminar on for tips on how to build your Instagram Profile. It all comes down to networking really, and posting what's hot. Though I'd rather post what I like. Things that get more hits: light/dark, blue/red. Tash also went through the four types of instagram accounts, their purpose, style and what they post and the frequency. 

I'll do a post later on, on tips how to gain more followers - without buying them. While buying them is a quick shortcut and initially great idea, its bot accounts which will all be deleted every few months when instagram does a sweep. Hence a temp. fix, but in the long run you're just burning money.  




There was a Ben & Jerry's next to the Pancake Parlour and the movies! This is quite a rare thing in Melbourne. Keep an eye out for free cone day if you're near Chapel St or Highpoint.

The Tonight Dough - An extra-chunky concoction combines chocolate and caramel ice creams with chocolate chip cookie dough, peanut butter cookie dough and a crunchy chocolate cookie swirl.

Very rich and over the top for me, but I like it, though it's not mu regular, the fairy floss and chunky monkey. But I'd recommend you try it just once.




In the afternoon we attend the Autumn/Fall & Winter Trend Show, featuring Australian brands and stores that were in the center. No Alannah Hill or Review though, but there was one style I liked.



Showbags! All three seminars/events had the same bags, if you're wondering.



Long sweater with a leather skirt and knee high boots. Notes this look only works if you're tall, though you potentially look like a hooker. If you're little like me you'll look very short as attention is drawn downwards. But still I like the look, though wouldn't wear it personally.



A bright orange skirt with navy splashes, makes me think of a disease under a microscope. But it'll make you stand out in the city that wears black. There were of course many outfits on the runway though these two stool out the most for me.

So what is the trend for AW16? Wool sweaters and boots, nothing new.



During winter in Melbourne back home go the tourists, events are more indoors (with the exception of all the sporting events) and in Melbourne, friday nights and weekends are spent waiting for trains at Richmond or going to the football.

As a part of the launch of football season the Pancake Parlour is having a bunch of offers including free short stacks! Click here to claim yours, they expire early April. 




The deco ranges, though there's always a chessboard, and often something up in the air.




I love Kmart & Typo for deco, though I have more deco than space! This was a rare test tube vase that I haven't seen in stores before. There was a rack of them too. There were $5.


The also rare Jasper Quilt Set (quilt cover, pillow case) $14, a necklace ($3, using it for the parts), test tube vase ($5) and a whole lot of hair things, some to be worn as is, others to be pimped up or combined with other pieces. I love my hair accessories, they were all 50c each, left over from last spring. The best time to stock up is right after the racing season.


Polymer charms, and potential brooches. $3.





Eastland




3D effect of the titles. 



It looks like something out of those modern living magazines, pictures, computer generated of what a new town would look like to me. Unlike home, the city, Eastland is very new.


There were a series of restaurants outside, including Hunky Dory & Jimmy Grants. 




Eastland at Night


And because you're all curious what was in the showbags :P
Samples, tea, a magazine (feb) and a lot of discount vouchers.



Discounts. I'd share codes, but you need to hand in the card to redeem. 



Have you been to Eastland or Chadstone lately? What do you think of the VIP sale days? Do you always a wishlist you carry around, waiting for that item to be on sale?

Let us know in the comments below!


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts