Birthday Dinner @ The Grand, Richmond @ Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Thursday 6th January



Concluding lies my birthday week was the annual dinner at the hatted 'Grand' in Richmond. A six course menu $90 that's very accommodating to allergies and co. Great location just a couple blocks away from Burnley Station.


Bags were taken into cloaking on arrival as we were ushered into the white clothed dinning room. As I don't know much about fine dinning, and jas isn't much of a sharer we won't say much other than at the end. Though why are the plates so big and heavy?


Bread & Butter, Olives



Cucumber, Cold Seared Swordfish, Onion & Peas



Calamari, char grilled with Anchovies, Capers and Lemon
Whoops ate a piece before taking the picture...


Delicious Gnocchi with Caramelized Butter & Crispy Sage

All perfect and crispy, unlike when I do it. Dead black leaf drowning in oil.


Huge Creamy King Prawns with Asparagus and a Basil, Tomato, Onion Salad



Beef Short Rib. Fatty and Soft. Ox Tongue. Cabbage. Bitter. Split Peas




\Cinnamon Donut with Custard. Caramel Ice Cream 

Honey Saffron, Honeycomb & Mint buds.



Everything was delicious though we were surprised to see a couple dishes we had last time we were here, last year this time. My favourite dish was the gnocchi and calamari. 

Waiting time between dishes were a bit long, but it was alright. 
If you go alone then bring a book.


As it was my birthday I got candles! Thankfully no one sung, though the waiter said you're meant to kiss the closest boy. Nope. Jas likes boys, and I don't like kissing *the crowd gasps!*. And so the waiter offered his cheek. Awks. Please don't touch me.


Service was very friendly, though I was touched! Our main waiter kept touching my arm/back every time he served us. I don't like being touched... by anyone. *sigh* He was friendly and didn't act all rejected though when he was denied a peck. I haven't had to endure this much physical contact out of the [dance] studio! 


Grand Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts