Mama Marija's Cafe @ Prahran Market @ Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Saturday 18th March


On this particular Saturday we're heading over to market and lunch. Enjoy it while I still can, because we've got more dental surgery coming up followed by a month on the liquid diet.





There is no sincerer love than the love of food - Mama Marija 

On the counter were pastries, oh how I wish Agatha was here! 
Where does one find a good croissant?



Mama Marija's Cafe is an all day breakfast and lunch spot at prahran market, to the right at the cross lights but also between the cheap cheese place and newsagent.

Plenty of seats we opted to sit outside due to the lack of air conditioning inside.

Breakfast or lunch? Oh gosh idk... my heart was set on the smoked salmon but I can't eat bread (not unless it's soft and not at all crunchy anyway). So we had meat cigars instead. Also I know what smoked salmon is like, and love trying new things (not Anchovies though). I asked what was most popular, typical brunch said the friendly guy at the counter, though this, he recommended was his favourite item on the menu.

I've never been a fan of dessert for breakfast, even though I'm a sugar addict. Yes we'll have that fairy floss brioche one day, but not anytime soon.



Mama's Cevapi Cigars $18

8 homemade beef cevapi (seasoned beef premium cigars) severed with grilled eggplant and paprika relish, with warm flatbread and greek salad. Yes you can add chips for $8, we decided not to push it (had a molar removed recently).


Woah this dish is a platter!! With protein, carbs and a salad this meal ticks all my boxes. In hind sight I believe this dish is for two, order this and another to share.

Beef cigars,  moist juicy well seasoned and not too salty but just right. They're perfect!
Soft flatbread, less flat than expected. Greek salad - red onion, feta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, purple k olives (pip-less) with a balsamic dressing. Lettuce. Plenty of things other than lettuce! Good mix, not everyone does this.

I've love that meat cigar in a sausage sizzle! As in the meat hall there's plenty of sausages on the bbq! You can buy sausage sizzles here!! Not at 3-4pm though, more around lunch time. One day we shall return!

The platter was huge and delicious! We're completely stuffed! A tip when shopping is never go shopping empty/peckish as you're more likely to purchase processed foods and junk food. Today I can say we've ticked that box!

I'm so glad I went for something new rather than the favorites.

Service was very friendly. We can't wait to return to try some other dishes.

A hidden gem, I'm surprised that they aren't more popular given the location and all.


April 2018

Lunching at mama marija's, a hidden gem-ish but not in a hidden location.




Today they're out of the beef sausage so I'm getting smoked salmon and avo instead (don't eat bacon) for the big breakfast. It was delicious! Esp the mushrooms. Very filling. Green stuff is deco only XD




Mama Marijas Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Post a Comment

Previous Posts ~ More Recent Posts